The built-in "zoom" microphone preamplifier has an effective limiter and a noise gate. The compression factor can be set to different values or deactivated using the DIP switch on the rear.
The level of the internal loudspeakers is automatically reduced when the microphone is activated in order to avoid feedback. When headphones are plugged into the back of the call station, the internal loudspeakers switch off completely. The headphone volume can be adjusted with a potentiometer on the back of the device.
There are also two RJ45 connection sockets with quick locking on the rear of the microphone unit. These are suitable for further connection using known "single-cable technology" (not in desk mode).
The intercom recognizes the following operating modes of the central unit:
- Automatic (can be switched on and off without restriction)
- Participant limitation (the maximum number of active microphones is limited to 1 to 5, depending on the switch position)
- Operation and fault display
- Priority (all delegate microphone units are switched off, only the activated presidential microphone unit is activated)
- Console operation (the intercom can no longer be switched on independently; it can only log in, which is indicated by a flashing light ring)
- Allocation (the allocation desk switches the microphone unit on or off)
* * *
DS1 series masters every conference situation. The discussion system fulfills all requirements for small to medium-sized events and can be implemented with a low budget.
High-quality features such as the intelligent compensation of meeting distances bring controllability and order into every discussion in a simple way.
When designing the system, great importance was attached to the possibility of variable use with easy installation and usability. An individual delegate unit is available to each participant. When subscriber limitation is active, you can select in automatic mode how many subscribers can simultaneously switch on their microphone. The selection, unlimited or selectable between 1-5 participants, is made via a rotary switch on the control center.
The chairman has a presidential intercom with an additional priority button that activates his microphone and at the same time resets the microphones of the other participants (priority).
The audience can speak on floor microphones connected to the central unit.
In automatic mode, the discussion system DS1 is set to max. 40 call stations expandable per central unit.
In addition to the automatic mode, an allocation desk DS1-CP can be used in connection with the module control panel DS1-CP. It is operated by an assessor or technician.
This means that 16 call stations per central unit can be assigned or reset directly, with and without prior registration. In this way, microphones accidentally switched on or off can be "remotely controlled".
Alternatively, the microphone units can also be managed via a media control.
The functions correspond to the control panel. This requires the serial additional module (RS232) DS1-MRS. A total of 16 microphone units per central unit can be operated using the media control touch screen.
In the Control Panel and serial interface module variants, star-shaped wiring is required.
- Microphone unit in full metal housing, in glare-free Nextel® paint
- Gooseneck microphone with integrated light ring to indicate readiness to speak
- Zoom preamplifier to compensate for different distances between meetings
- Two high-quality integrated speakers with adjustable recording / headphone jack on the rear
- Intercom connection via standard CAT5 + cable with RJ45 connector
- Plug’n play technology
- One cable technology
- Standard Cat5 wiring
- Excellent speech intelligibility thanks to two adjustable broadband speakers
- Interface for effects devices or telephone couplers
- Exit for interpreter system
- Operation via allocation desk (optional) or operation via media control (RS232) (optional)
- System can be expanded by cascading
Nextel B34 (R), anti-glare
132 x 58 x 158mm
Plug: 3.5mm, mono level: 2.2 Veff (max), Nominal load impedance: 300 Ohm
Type: ME352 (8 * 300mm), Sensitivity: 7.5 mV / pa, Directional characteristic: Cardioid, Backward attenuation: 20 dB
Nominal input level: -28 dBu, Nominal output level: +16 dBu (2 * 2.2k), Frequency response: equalized for ME352, Distortion factor: 82 dB S / N, Compression factor: 1: 1/1: 1.5 / 1: 2 switchable
Voltage: 24 - 36VDC typ. 30V, current consumption: 28 mA (min - rest),
50 mA (max - on)
Nominal input level: 7 Veff, Power input: 0.5 watts, Impedance: 100 ohms, Attenuation with MIC-ON: 20 dB